For online VAT Registration in Oman, Companies need to submit certain documents required for VAT registration to Oman Tax Authority to get the VAT Certificate. Precisely, Oman implemented VAT in April 2021, to be the fourth of the six Arab Gulf states to launch VAT by the VAT union agreement.
VAT Registration Requirements in Oman
In order to apply for the online VAT registration in Oman, Here are some of the inevitable documents you require to register for VAT in Oman:
- Legal Name
- Trade Name
- Commercial Registration Number (CRN)
- Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Excise Tax Identification Number
- Customs identification number
- The legal form of the business
- Address of the business
- Contact number
- Email ID
- Registration for special zones
- Customs suspension situations
As you make sure all the forms are correct to your knowledge, you can submit the application and make sure you keep the receipt for reference. You will then be issued a VAT registration certificate as your application is approved by Tax Authority.
VAT Registration Threshold
Mandatory VAT Registration in Oman
As per Oman Tax Authority (OTA) in Oman, companies or individuals having an annual turnover of OMR 38,500 or more must apply for VAT registration. (Mandatory VAT registration).
Voluntary VAT Registration in Oman
You can choose Voluntary VAT registration if you fall in one of these categories:
1. If you live in any part of Oman and exceed the annual revenue from commercial, industrial, professional or any activity, the voluntary registration limit is OMR 19,250.
2. If you own a residence in Oman, exceeding the annual expenses spends on the basis of commercial, industrial, professional or any activity, the limit is OMR 19,250.
VAT Registration Guide in Oman
The tax authorities in Oman launched the VAT registration guide, explaining the requirements for registration to businesses and individuals. The guide comprises various aspects, such as the obligation to register for VAT and the registration criteria during the period- Transition period.
Here are the important steps involved in VAT registration in Oman:
1. Determine if the person is liable to register for VAT
2. Determine the components of annual products for registration
3. Evaluate or estimate the total value of products for the term clarified in the guide
4. Confirm the date of registration based on the result of estimation or calculation of the total value
5. Apply for registration based on the process clarified by the tax authority
Learn More: VAT Fines and Penalties in Oman
Who should register for VAT Oman?
Here are some criteria to categorize people who should register for VAT in Oman:
- A person who resides in the Sultanate of Oman, who exceeds or is likely to exceed the annual revenue or likely to exceed, from commercial, industrial, or any similar business activity; or exceeds the threshold of mandatory registration.
- A person without a residence in the country is liable to pay tax, irrespective of his income.
To register for VAT, the following factors have to be considered:
- Calculating the total value of products for registration.
- Calculating the total value after implementation of the VAT Law.
Timeline for VAT Registration in Oman
Once you calculate the annual products for VAT registration, you must submit the application to register with the tax authority within the dates mentioned by the Decision of the Head of the Tax authority.
The registration date is the day when the registration comes into effect, and you must abide by the laws with the provisions, such as the issue of tax invoices, accounting records, submission of tax declarations, and other tax liabilities.
Read More: Accounting Services in Oman
VAT Registration Services in Oman
BMS Auditing in Oman has the best VAT solutions for all the challenges!
No matter how big or small your business is, BMS serves you with the most effective VAT solutions to minimize the tax burdens and optimize hassle-free compliance. BMS delivers great outcomes as follows:
- Files return quickly and precisely with no language barriers
- Confident compliance during expansion across borders
- Minimum disruption and audit risks
- Time-saving, enhanced efficiency and cleared out resources
With BMS Auditing Oman, you take the best VAT decisions for the business using our research tools and services. While expanding across the borders, BMS Oman assists you to manage the increasing liabilities and take the compliance obstructions at your own pace.
For VAT registration services in Oman, BMS Oman enables you in quickly register under Tax Oman Authority through a systematic process that saves your time. BMS Oman provides a secure platform to keep your data safe and confidential while sending the documentation. You will be provided with a user-friendly dashboard to list the status of your registrations thus enhancing the workflow.