Follow these steps to register for corporate tax in UAE through the EmaraTax Platform. Download the user manual for corporate tax registration in the UAE. It is important to know head-to-toe about corporate tax registration in UAE before starting to register.
A Corporate Tax is charged by the government on the income of a company. The basic rate is 9% on taxable income above AED375,000 and 0% on income up to AED375,000. The Corporate Tax will be implemented from June 2023.
The ultimate goal of Corporate Tax is to :
- Strengthen the position as a global center for business and investment
- Stimulate its development and expansion to achieve strategic goals
- Establish the commitment to meeting international standards for tax clarity and preventing illegal tax practices
Before discussing the registration process for Corporate Tax in EmaraTax, have a clear understanding of Corporate Tax registration to see if you are eligible and other details as well from our guide on Corporate Tax registration in UAE
Where should you register for Corporate Tax in UAE?
The Federal Tax Authority (FTA) has announced pre-registration of corporate tax for specific categories of businesses in the UAE to register for corporate tax through the EmaraTax platform. Companies can log in to the EmaraTax using an FTA account or UAE pass.
The taxable person must be eligible to register for Corporate Tax, either mandatorily, or voluntarily according to the criteria stated by the Federal Law on taxation.
Visit the EmaraTax portal to avail of the online services of Federal Tax Authority (FTA). The website contains vital information about EmaraTax and helps in using the new platform. EmaraTax merges with powerful government entities such as the Central Bank as well as national technology-based programs such as UAE PASS to update user experience.
EmaraTax is accessible, easy to navigate, and provides enhanced self-help options as and when you need help. It is a user-friendly platform to handle all your tax, VAT payments, registration and compliance in one place. This portal will soon be available on mobile devices as well.
If you have not created a new account or migrated your Federal Tax Authority (FTA) account in EmaraTax, Here is a simple EmaraTax login guide.
You can simply log in to the EmaraTax and register for the corporate tax UAE filling in the required details & getting the Tax Registration Number (TRN) for the registered Business.
To register for corporate taxes in UAE on EmaraTax, determine the legal structure of your business (LLC, sole proprietorship, etc.), choose a trading name, obtain the necessary licenses and approvals, and then apply for a Tax Registration Number. Finally, file and pay your taxes in accordance with the regulations set forth by the UAE government.
1. Log in to EmaraTax using the credentials or the UAE PASS. On successful login, you will be directed to the EmaraTax user dashboard. The Taxable Person list screen appears after a successful login to the dashboard. If there are no Taxable Persons associated with your user profile, this list will be empty, and you will need to add a Taxable Person. Click "create" and add the new taxable person.
2. In the dashboard, click ‘Register’ under the Corporate Tax tile to start the registration application. Moving forward, the screen displays the guidelines and instructions. Read these instructions for registration and click the checkbox to confirm.
3. Click ‘Start’ to begin the Registration application for Corporate Tax
The application is separated into many brief sections that cover different components of the Corporate Tax registration process. The progress bar shows how many parts are needed to finish the application.
To go from one area to the next, all necessary fields in the current section must be filled out. The fields that are optional are labeled as such next to the field name. You must ensure to submit all the required documents for corporate tax registration. This would assist to avoid the application being rejected or resubmitted later.
4. Select the Entity Type of the business from the list in the entity details section. You may note that the input fields differ according to the entity chosen. Currently, the registration is available for the below entity and sub-types:
- Legal Person - UAE Public Joint Stock Company
- Legal Person - UAE Private Company (incl. an Establishment)
However, the options for a range of legal person entities and natural person entities will be made available from June 2023.
5. You may click ‘Save as Draft’ to save the application if you want to continue filling out the application later.
6. Once you complete the mandatory fields, click ‘Next Step’ to save and proceed to the ‘Identification Details’ section
7. Based on the selected Entity type, provide the main trade license details in the Identification Details section
8. Click on ‘Add Business Activities’ to add all the activity details related to the trade license
9. Add the mandatory business activity details and click Add button. Once you ensure the relevant and required details are added, an activation code will be displayed on the screen
11. Click the ‘Add Owners’ button to enter the owners who have ownership of at least 25% or more in the entity registered
12. Enter the relevant details of the owner and click the ‘Add’ button
13. If the business has one or more branches select ‘Yes’, and add the branch details. For each branch, provide the trade license details, related business activities, and owner’s list
You may note that the registration will be in the name of the Head Office, meeting the necessary criteria. Although operations are performed at the branch level also, only one registration is required.
14. Once you complete filling in the mandatory fields, click ‘Next Step’ to save and proceed to the ‘Contact Details' section
15. Enter the details of the registered address of the business
Note: Do Not add other company or person addresses, your accountant's address for example. In case if you have more than one address, provide the details of the location where most activities are held.
If it is a foreign business applying to register for Corporate Tax, appoint a tax agent in the UAE, and provide the necessary details.
16. On providing the necessary details, click ‘Next Step’ to save and proceed to the ‘Authorized Signatory’ section
17. Click the ‘Add Authorized Signatory’ button to provide the relevant details
18. On entering the details for Authorized Signatory, click ‘Add’
In the case of legal persons, evidence of authorization may include a Power of Attorney or Memorandum of Association. If necessary, you can add one or more Authorized Signatories.
19. On completion, click ‘Next Step’ to save and proceed to the ‘Review and Declaration’ section. This section highlights the relevant details entered throughout the application. Hence you need to review and submit the application formally.
20. Once the application is reviewed carefully, mark the checkbox to declare the accuracy of the information provided.
21. Click the ‘Submit’ button to submit the application for Corporate Tax Registration
A Reference Number is generated for your submitted application when it is successfully submitted. Keep this reference number handy for future correspondence with FTA.
Post Corporate Tax Registration Process
After receiving the application, the FTA may approve, reject, or resubmit for further details and notify the applicant accordingly.
- If the FTA requires any further information from you to assist with the verification of your application, you will be notified by email with the information needed.
- You will be notified of the decision after the FTA confirms approval of your application via mail.
- Your application status will be updated on the dashboard accordingly. You can check the status of your application on the dashboard at any moment.
Download the user manual to register for corporate tax in Emaratax
Corporate Tax Registration Services in UAE
BMS Auditing has expert corporate tax consultants in Dubai to assist with Corporate Tax Registration in the EmaraTax. We guide you through the process of registering a business for corporate income tax purposes. We help you gather the required document for corporate tax registration and assist you submit them with 100% compliance.
Our FTA-approved Tax agents in UAE help you obtain a tax registration number from the Federal Tax Authority (FTA) and file UAE Corporate tax returns. BMS Auditing Dubai provides guidance on the tax implications of different business activities, helps with the preparation and filing of annual tax returns, and can represent businesses before the Federal Tax Authority (FTA) in case of any audits or disputes.